- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cassava and Yam Porridge Recipe Video
|Cassava||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut to cubes|
|Sweet potato||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut to cubes|
|Yam||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut to cubes|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Ground crayfish||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground beef||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Palm oil||50 Milliliter (or vegetable oil)|
|Peanut butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, blended to paste|
|Green onion||2 Medium, chopped|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Bouillon cube||1 Medium|
Calories 412 Calories from Fat 201
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.9%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.8 mg
Sodium 1240 mg51.7%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g19%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 11 g21.9%
Vitamin A 112.4% Vitamin C 40%
Calcium 5% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grind the onion into a paste.
2. Peel and cut the sweet potato, cassava and yam into cubes. Keep aside.
3. Chop the green onions.
4. Take a pot. Pour 4 cups of water in it. Put the cassava, yam and sweet potato.
5. Add ground crayfish, ground beef, palm oil, peanut butter, onion paste, green onion, salt and bouillon cube. Stir well to mix, cover and bring it to boil.
6. Once boiled, remove the lid and continue to simmer till it vegetables become soft and porridge thickens to desired consistency. Turn off the heat. Let it sit for a few minutes.
7. Take a serving bowl, pour the porridge into it and serve warm.