- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carrots Vichy Recipe
|Young carrots||14 Small, peeled|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Pinch|
|White pepper||1 Pinch|
|Minced parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 104 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.7%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg
Sodium 275.1 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 10.5 g
Protein 1 g2.4%
Vitamin A 396.5% Vitamin C 17.1%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, combine carrots, water, salt, sugar, soda and butter.
2. Cover pan with its lid and place on a medium low flame.
3. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until carrots are very tender.
4. Uncover, increase the flame and rapidly boil tossing the carrots in the pan, until the liquid is evaporated and carrots are glazed with the butter.
5. Season carrots with pepper
6. Dish out into a serving bowl.
7. Garnish with minced parsley.
8. Serve warm.