- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carrots in Vermouth: On the Side #17 Recipe Video
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dry vermouth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Diced onion||1 Small|
|Celery leaves and stems||3 , finely diced|
|Carrots||2 Pound, peeled & sliced 1/4" thick|
Calories 250 Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.3%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg5.4%
Sodium 185.7 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.4%
Sugars 29.8 g
Protein 3 g5.5%
Vitamin A 764.2% Vitamin C 27.6%
Calcium 10% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place butter, sugar, dry vermouth and cook until thick in a saucepan.
2. Stir in the onion, stalks of celery with leaves, finely diced onions and carrots and mix and coat everything with the sugar & vermouth.
3. Place over high heat and bring to a simmer.
4. Reduce heat to low, put the lid on and cook for about 20 minutes. Test one of the carrots with a knife; they're done when just barely tender.
5. Serve hot with your favorite main dishes and enjoy!