- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carrot Yogurt Cake Recipe
|Carrots||250 Milliliter, grated (1 Cup)|
|Yogurt||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Orange juice||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Medium unsulfured molasses||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Raisins||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Sunflower seeds||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Sunflower oil||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||500 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
|Wheat germ||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Bran||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 517 Calories from Fat 183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.6%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.9 mg
Sodium 321.7 mg13.4%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.4%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48.1%
Sugars 23 g
Protein 16 g32.4%
Vitamin A 107.1% Vitamin C 17.4%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 28.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 325Â° F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, put together carrots, yogurt, orange juice, molasses, raisins, sunflower seeds, oil, eggs and vanilla; beat until well combined.
3. In a medium bowl, put together flour, wheat germ, bran, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well blended.
5. Grease an 8 X 8-inch (20 X 20-cm) baking pan lightly with oil.
6. In the greased pan, pour the batter and bake for about 1 hour.
7. Serve hot.