- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carrot Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
|Active dry yeast||2 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (105°-115°F)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Carrots||3 Medium, pared|
|Whole wheat flour||6 Cup (96 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Skim milk powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Non Instant)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 828 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.8%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.16 mg
Sodium 1019.5 mg42.5%
Total Carbohydrates 165 g54.9%
Dietary Fiber 26.7 g106.7%
Sugars 18.8 g
Protein 30 g60.7%
Vitamin A 153.2% Vitamin C 4.7%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 50.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Use a measuring cup, to sprinkle yeast over 1/3 cup warm water.
2) Place aside to stand in warm place for 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) Stir in oil and honey.
4) In a food processor, use the SHREDDING DISC setting to shred carrots by fitting feed tube vertically.
5) Remove the shredding disc.
6) In the food processor, use PLASTIC DOUGH BLADE setting.
7) In the work bowl, flour, milk powder and salt.
8) Pour in yeast mixture through the feed tube while the machine is running.
9) Also pour in additional water in a steady stream to form stiff dough. You may not require all the water.
10) Process the dough ball for 20 seconds and test the consistency for right elasticity, stickiness and wetness, by stopping the machine.
11) If it is not ready, then process for another 10 seconds.
12) Sprinkle with additional 1-2 tablespoons flour into the dough and pulse machine on/off to coat dough for easy removal from work bowl.
13) In an oiled bowl transfer the dough and turn over to oil the entire surface.
14) Cover the bowl with plastic bag or damp cloth and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
15) Punch down dough and knead for 30 seconds to press out the bubbles.
16) Make 2 parts out of the dough.
17) Shape the parts in ball and rest by covering for 5 minutes.
18) In greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan, place the loaf made from the dough ball.
19) Cover and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled, about 45 minutes.
20) Preheat oven to 375Â°.
21) Place the loaf pan inside the oven on middle rack to bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bottom crust of loaf has a hard hollow sound when tapped.
22) Immediately transfer on metal rack to cool down.
23) Slice the bread and serve with your choice of dip or spread.