- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carrot Tomato Date Salad Recipe
|Tomatoes||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Carrots||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Dates||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
Calories 266 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.2%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 123.9 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.1%
Sugars 20.1 g
Protein 3 g5.9%
Vitamin A 588.5% Vitamin C 41.2%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Put seeds and juice into pan with the oil, vinegar, seasoning and basil.
3. Boil 3-4 minutes until thick and syrupy, making about 2 tablespoons.
4. Strain, rubbing juices through the strainer into a bowl.
5. Peel and grate the raw carrots.
6. Chop the dates and mix them with the carrots, tomato strips and juices.
7. Add more seasoning if needed.