- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zesty Carrot Soup Recipe
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||1 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Celery||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), chopped|
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), diced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 188 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.6%
Saturated Fat 0.44 g2.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 706.3 mg29.4%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.6%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 5 g10.1%
Vitamin A 380.8% Vitamin C 52.1%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan heat oil and cook carrots, onion, celery, potatoes, garlic and sugar over low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add cloves, pepper and broth and bring soup to a boil.
3. Lowering the heat, cook soup partially covered for 20 minutes until vegetables are soft.
4. Remove cloves and puree soup in batches in blender.
5. Serve cold or after reheating and with desired garnish.