- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carrot Ring Recipe
|Shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), soft|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), sifted|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 375 Calories from Fat 236
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.2%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.5%
Trans Fat 3.4 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg
Sodium 1393.8 mg58.1%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 4 g7.9%
Vitamin A 72.1% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 20% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a 1 1/2-quart ring mold and grease it.
2) Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
3) Mix the shortening and sugar to make them fluffy.
4) Take the eggs and beat them.
5) Take the salt, baking powder, baking soda and flour together.
6) Add this to sugar mixture. Add the beaten eggs as well.
7) Add carrots, water and lemon juice.
8) Mix them well and put in 1 1/2-quart ring mold.
9) Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
10) Serve the carrot rings in 6 individual serving plates.