- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carrot Raisin Spice Cookies Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Cereal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Minute, 2 1/2 Minute Or 10 Minute Stovetop Cooking Type)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Margarine/Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed light brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely grated carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
Calories 331 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.5%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.4 mg
Sodium 157.2 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 29.6 g
Protein 4 g7.9%
Vitamin A 42.9% Vitamin C 3.2%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Beat margarine or butter and sugars in large bowl with mixer until creamy; beat in egg and vanilla.
3. Reduce speed to low; blend in flour mixture.
4. Stir in carrot, raisins and walnuts; let stand 10 minutes.
5. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
6. Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Drizzle with powdered sugar glaze, if desired.