- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carrot Pilaf Recipe
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Aubergine||1 Large, cubed|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Curry paste||3 Tablespoon (Balti)|
|Sweet potato||1 Large, cubed|
|Carrots||9 Ounce, grated (250 Gram)|
|French beans||9 Ounce, halved (250 Gram)|
|Basmati rice||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Reduced fat coconut milk||1⁄2 Pint, reduced (300 Milliliter)|
|Baby spinach leaves||200 Gram (1 Bag)|
|Low fat fajita quorn strips with mexican spices||280 Gram|
Calories 504 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 383.5 mg16%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g25.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.7%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 12 g24.8%
Vitamin A 256.6% Vitamin C 30.5%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pan heat the oil.
2. Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes until soft and creamy.
3. Add the aubergine saute with onions for another 5 minutes, adding the garlic and curry paste in the last 1 minute or so.
4. Stir in the sweet potato, carrots, beans, rice, 700ml water and the coconut milk.
5. Reduce the flame, cover pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. To the pan add the spinach and Quorn strips, stir, cover and leave off the heat for 5 minutes before serving.
7. Dish out into a casserole and serve hot with a curry or stew.