- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carrot Muffins With Walnut Cream Centers Recipe
|All-purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||15 1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided (1/3 Cup Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shredded|
|Golden raisins||26 1⁄2 Teaspoon, plumped and drained (2/3 Cup Less 2 Teaspoons)|
|Margarine||13 1⁄2 Teaspoon, softened (1/3 Cup Less 1 Teaspoon)|
|Low-fat buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1% Milk Fat)|
|Frozen egg substitute||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thawed|
|Thawed frozen concentrated orange juice no sugar added||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Light cream||16 1⁄2 Teaspoon (1/3 Cup Plus 2 Teaspoons)|
Calories 471 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.1%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g23.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.7 mg
Sodium 529.4 mg22.1%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.4%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.2%
Sugars 28.9 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A 118.6% Vitamin C 8.2%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 17%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
2. In twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups, line with paper baking cups and keep aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, 1/3 cup sugar and baking soda.
4. Stir in carrots and raisins; coat evenly.
5. Add margarine; stir well and keep aside.
6. In a small mixing bowl, blend buttermilk, egg substitute, orange juice concentrate, and vanilla.
7. Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and stir to mix.
8. In another small mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, walnuts, sour cream, and remaining sugar.
9. In the lined muffin cups, pour equal amount of batter; cups will be filled 2/3rd.
10. Top each muffin cup with equal amount of cream cheese mixture.
11. Place the muffin-pan cup in the middle of center oven rack and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
12. Remove muffins from the pan and transfer to a wire rack for cooling.
13. Serve warm or store in closed container after cooling down completely.