- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carrot Kheer Recipe
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 981 Calories from Fat 317
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.5%
Saturated Fat 13.5 g67.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.1 mg
Sodium 469.7 mg19.6%
Total Carbohydrates 146 g48.7%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g42.8%
Sugars 115.1 g
Protein 29 g58.4%
Vitamin A 848.7% Vitamin C 26.3%
Calcium 90.5% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Place in a pan with water, enough to half-cook carrots.
3. Cover pan and cook over slow heat till carrots are half-cooked.
4. Add milk, sugar and ground blanched almonds to carrots.
5. Cook gently stirring all the time.
6. Soak saffron in a dessertspoon of warm water. Mix to a paste.
7. When the carrots are cooked and mixture thick, add saffron.
8. Remove from fire and allow to cool (preferably over ice or in a refrigerator).
9. When cold, stir in the cream.
10. Garnish with silver paper and sliced almonds or cashewnuts.