- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned crushed pineapple in juice||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Egg whites||2 Large|
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated carrot||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|1/3-less-fat cream cheese||4 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Sifted powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Finely chopped pecans||2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3497 Calories from Fat 990
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 114 g175%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 291.5 mg
Sodium 2344.9 mg97.7%
Total Carbohydrates 591 g197.1%
Dietary Fiber 15.9 g63.4%
Sugars 453 g
Protein 40 g79.7%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 36.9%
Calcium 26.1% Iron 66.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Coat bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray; line bottom with wax paper. Coat wax paper with cooking spray.
3. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients.
4. Combine pineapple and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add flour mixture; beat just until blended. Stir in carrot and raisins. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Remove wax paper. Cool completely on wire rack.
5. Beat cream cheese with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar; beat at low speed just until blended.
6. Place cake layer on a plate; spread top and sides with cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle top with pecans. Store cake loosely covered in refrigerator.