- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carrot Cake Recipe
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely shredded carrots||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Or Grated)|
|Toasted filberts/Toasted walnuts||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), finely chopped|
|All-purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5318 Calories from Fat 2309
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 265 g408%
Saturated Fat 127.2 g636.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1329.7 mg
Sodium 2625.4 mg109.4%
Total Carbohydrates 688 g229.4%
Dietary Fiber 27.3 g109.2%
Sugars 418.3 g
Protein 76 g151.9%
Vitamin A 891.5% Vitamin C 40%
Calcium 157.1% Iron 140.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
2. Take a 11-by-15-inch cake pan and butter it.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the cinnamon, grated orange rind, and either mace or nutmeg.
5. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
6. Gradually stir in the carrots and nuts.
7. In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
8. Add this mixture, with the warm water, to the butter creamed mixture.
9. Do not beat this mixture; fold in the flour just until it is well moistened.
10. Take the buttered cake pan and pour the batter
11. Bake in the pre-heated oven at 350 degree Fahreheit for 35-40 minutes, or until the cake springs back when it is pressed lightly in the center.
12. A few minutes after removing the cake from the oven, loosen it from the sides of the pan and turn out on a rack to cool.
13. It's best to serve the carrot cake a day or two after it has been baked, for it improves in flavor and texture if aged.