- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carrot Bran Muffins Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Natural bran||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Crushed pineapple and juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2844 Calories from Fat 1153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 131 g201%
Saturated Fat 20.5 g102.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 2993.2 mg124.7%
Total Carbohydrates 408 g136%
Dietary Fiber 23.5 g93.9%
Sugars 203.8 g
Protein 48 g95.3%
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 41.2%
Calcium 68.2% Iron 91.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grease the muffin cups.
2) In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients.
3) Mix thoroughly.
4) Make a well in center of the mixture.
5) In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until frothy.
6) Add oil, carrots, pineapple and juice.
7) Pour everything at once into well.
8) Mix only to moisten.
9) Muffin batter will be lumpy, so ignore the lumps.
10) Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full with the batter.
12) Bake at 400°F (200°C) in oven for 20-25 minutes.
13) Remove muffins from cups after 5 minutes.
14) Serve the carrot bran muffins warm.