- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carrot Batons with Orange Zest Recipe Video
|Caster sugar||10 Gram|
|Sea salt||2 Teaspoon (use as desired)|
Calories 175 Calories from Fat 75
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.1%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.5 mg
Sodium 1606.2 mg66.9%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 18.2 g
Protein 2 g3.3%
Vitamin A 343.2% Vitamin C 78.8%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and peel the carrots and cut into neat baton shapes.
2. Using a sharp knife, peel the orange thinly.
3. Then, cut half of the peel into very fine julienne.
4. Place the baton carrots into a saucepan. Add the sugar and salt to taste and add the orange zest.
5. Cut the remaining orange into half and squeeze out the juice into the carrots, removing any pips that may escape.
6. Put the pieces of squeezed orange into the saucepan.
7. Just cover the baton carrots with water. Bring to the boil, turn the heat down to a simmer, place the lid on the saucepan and cook until the carrots are just cooked.
8. They need to still be a little bit crunchy.
9. Remove the large orange pieces leaving the fine julienne orange peel mixed with the carrot batons and drain into a colander.
10. Serve the carrot batons in warmed dishes or on warmed plates. To finish, add a knob of butter to the carrot batons.