- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carrot and Zucchini Ribbons Recipe
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (Garnish)|
Calories 274 Calories from Fat 174
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.4%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.3 mg
Sodium 876 mg36.5%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30.1%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 4 g7.8%
Vitamin A 653.6% Vitamin C 71.4%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash carrots and zucchini and scrape off their peels.
2. Chop off both the ends of carrots and zucchini.
3. Using a potato slicer, peel zucchini and carrots lengthwise into thin ribbons.
5. In a pan, boil water and add some salt to it.
6. Blanch carrots for 2 minutes and remove then add zucchini for 1 minute to blanch.
7. Refresh unter cold tap water and drain thoroughly.
8. Take a wok, heat some butter with oil in it.
9. Add vegetables and seasoning and toss them for 2-3 minutes until tender-crisp.
10. Garnish with parsley and serve.