- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carrot and Rice Casserole Dish Recipe
|Ground carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Raw)|
|Grated onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 225 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.9%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.3 mg
Sodium 618.3 mg25.8%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 15 g30%
Vitamin A 122.6% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 36.7% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F
2. Grease a baking or soufflé dish with butter.
3. Cover carrots with water and bring to a boil.
4. Drain and combine with onions.
5. Add cheese, egg, rice and seasonings to the bowl and mix gently but thoroughly using a spatula or wooden spoon.
6. Turn into the soufflé dish and place in a water bath in the preheated oven.
7. Bake for almost 40 minutes until set and lightly browned on top.
8. Take the soufflé dish straight from the oven to the table.
9. Serve along with a curry or stew.