- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carrot and Potato Soup Recipe
|White of leek||2 , sliced|
|Cubed potatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sliced carrots||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (only 1 teaspoon salt if canned broth is used)|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Half and half/Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shredded raw carrots||2 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
Calories 243 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.9%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.5 mg
Sodium 1008.9 mg42%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.2%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 6 g11.8%
Vitamin A 180.8% Vitamin C 50.7%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan melt butter. Add leeks and cook for several minutes.
2. Stir in potatoes, carrots, broth, salt, and pepper.
3. Boil the mixture, decrease heat and simmer for 30 minutes until tender.
4. Transfer the hot soup in blender or food processor to puree.
5. Transfer it back to pan.
6. Mix half-and-half and heat to serving temperature.
7. Garnish soup with shredded carrot.
8. This soup can also be chilled and served cold.