- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carrot and Orange Soup Recipe
|Carrots||12 Ounce, peeled and sliced (350 Gram)|
|Oranges||2 Large, juiced (Reserve Thinly Pared Rind Of 1 Orange)|
|Onions||2 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram, Plus A Little Oil)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Chicken stock/Vegetable stock||1 1⁄2 Pint (900 Milliliter)|
|White wine||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 314 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.7%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.7 mg
Sodium 446.1 mg18.6%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.4%
Sugars 25.8 g
Protein 8 g15.6%
Vitamin A 292.9% Vitamin C 96.8%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Heat a pan and melt butter and oil. Put in the carrot and onion
2) Close with lid and let the vegetables 'water'. This will take about 5 minutes.
3) Add stock and wine, bring to the boil, stirring continuously.
4) Close with lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
5) Remove from heat. Strain through a sieve or liquidize.
6) Pour in orange juice and mix well.
7) Return to the pan and season to taste.
8) Before serving, reheat gently. Do not boil.
9) In a saucepan, heat water. Using a knife to cut the orange rinds into thin stripes. Simmer for 5 minutes.
10) Remove from heat and drain well. Sprinkle over the soup.
11) Serve the soup hot in bowls with a dollop of cream on each.