- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carrot and Brie Mousse Recipe
|Chopped carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brie/2/3 cup grated cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), rind removed|
|Whipping cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1715 Calories from Fat 1300
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 145 g223%
Saturated Fat 93.7 g468.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 780.6 mg
Sodium 1194.9 mg49.8%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.7%
Sugars 32.9 g
Protein 24 g48.1%
Vitamin A 894% Vitamin C 58.4%
Calcium 46.3% Iron 16.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Take a saucepan of salted water and bring it to boil. Add the carrots to it and cook until it turns tender.
3. Strain the carrots and reserve the juice for future use.
4. Place the warm carrots in food processor and process it along with other ingredients such as dice brie or grated Cheddar, cream, seasonings and eggs. Process the mixture until it turns smooth.
5. When done remove the mixture from food processor into a bowl. Use spatula to scrape out the mixture. Use seasonings as per the taste. Add more seasonings if the brie is mild , or add a pinch of sugar if the brie is bitter or ripe.
6. Take buttered gratin dish or ramekins and add the mixture to it. If desired refrigerate the mixture for several hours before baking.
7. Bake the mixture for about 25 minutes at 350°F.
8. Serve after garnishing with chopped fresh parsley.