- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carol's Italian Beef Recipe
|Lean rump roast||4 Pound|
|Lean beef rump roast||4 Pound|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Romano cheese/Parmesan cheese||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Canned beef broth||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 880 Calories from Fat 274
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.9%
Saturated Fat 0.56 g2.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.6 mg
Sodium 1277.2 mg53.2%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.64 g2.6%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 149 g298.4%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a slow cooker, strategically place the chuck roast.
2) Using a knife, make 4 slits in top of roast.
3) Stuff each slit with 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 garlic clove, and 1/2 tsp. cheese.
4) Pour in broth and scatter oregano.
5) Close the slow cooker with the lid and cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours or on LOW for10-12 hours.
6) Take the roast from the broth and by using a fork, shred it. Keep it aside warm.
7) Serve the buns topped with beef and with the juices by the side.