- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carob Chip Pudding Recipe
|Skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Divided)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Carob chips||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 150 Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.8%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.2 mg
Sodium 79 mg3.3%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 0.56 g2.2%
Sugars 14.9 g
Protein 6 g12.1%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 15% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In the top of a double boiler set in a pan of boiling water, heat 1 1/2 cups of the skim milk.
2) In an airtight jar, shake 1/2 cup skim milk and cornstarch together.
3) Stir gradually into the hot milk, then stir constantly and cook until thickened.
4) Stir in honey, then whisk a little hot mixture into the beaten egg and then return into the hot milk.
5) Stir constantly and cook for another 2 minutes.
6) Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
7) Allow to slightly cool, then stir in the carob chips, mix thoroughly.
8) Spoon in 4 dessert dishes and refrigerate until chilled.
9) Serve the Carob Chip Pudding chilled.