- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carnival Crawfish Dip Recipe
|Peeled crawfish tails/Peeled and deveined shrimp||2 Pound (Fresh / Frozen)|
|Sliced green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||24 Ounce|
|Garlic/2 teaspoons garlic powder||8 Clove (40 gm), minced|
|Ground red pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Pepper||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (If Using Fresh Crawfish)|
|Assorted crackers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 541 Calories from Fat 386
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.5%
Saturated Fat 23.7 g118.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 283 mg
Sodium 665.8 mg27.7%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 27 g53%
Vitamin A 54.3% Vitamin C 10%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Thaw crawfish, if frozen
2. Drain, reserving the liquid.
3. In a large saucepan, melt butter or margarine
4. Sauté the onions in butter until soft and transparent.
5. Add drained crawfish and sauté for 10 minutes or until tender.
6. Flake large pieces of crawfish with the spoon.
7. Stir in cheese, garlic, red pepper, pepper, and salt.
8. Add sufficient crawfish liquid or chicken broth to adjust the consistency.
9. Allow to simmer until hot.
10. Serve dip warm with assorted crackers.