- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carne Guisada - A Tex-Mex Favorite Recipe Video
|Chuck roast||2 Pound, cut into 1/2 to 3/4 inch dices|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Celery stalk||2 , finely chopped|
|Jalapeno||3 , finely chopped|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Clove oil/Peanut oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 283 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.4%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.2 mg20.4%
Sodium 305.8 mg12.7%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.9%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 28 g56%
Vitamin A 14.2% Vitamin C 12.7%
Calcium 5% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedA dutch oven.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 325F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, place chucks roast, add flour. Combine well to lightly coat the chuck roast pieces with flour.
3. In the dutch oven, heat oil and add chuck roast. Cook till all the sides of the meat are browned nicely.
4. Once the meat turns brown, add onions, celery and jalapeno and saute till nicely wilted.
5. Add tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper, and saute for 2 minutes.
6. Pour in beef stock and mix, using the spatula scrape the bottom.
7. Place the vessel in oven and bake at 325F for 3 hours. Check the meat every hour; add water, if required and scrape the bottom.
8. In a serving bowl, place a tortilla, top it with the Carne Guisada, garnish with grated cheese and sour cream. Serve with tortilla chips.