- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carne Asada Con Papas Y Salsa Roja Recipe
|For the salsa roja:|
|Roma plum tomatoes||4|
|White onion||1 Small, stem end untrimmed and cut into quarters|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Ground cumin||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly squeezed lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|For the marinade:|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm), crushed or minced to a paste|
|Ground cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Use Pure Variety)|
|For the steaks:|
|Top sirloin steak||40 Ounce (4 Pieces, 10 Ounce Each)|
|For the papas:|
|Light olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Sliced chives||1 Tablespoon (Use Fresh)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 996 Calories from Fat 516
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g88.6%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 190 mg
Sodium 1315.1 mg54.8%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g33.9%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 63 g126.2%
Vitamin A 41.3% Vitamin C 84.1%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the broiler or grill.
2) In a mixing bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
3) Evenly rub the mixture over the steaks and keep aside at room temperature for 30 minutes.
4) Broil the chiles and tomatoes under the broiler, turning occasionally until the skins are charred. Stem and seed the chiles and coarsely chop with the tomatoes.
5) In a saute pan or skillet, dry roast the onions over a medium-high heat for 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Stir in the garlic and dry-roast for another 10 minutes.
6) Remove the onion and garlic from the pan, allow to cool and then coarsely chop them.
7) In the mixing bowl, mix the chili-tomato mixture, roasted onion - garlic, cumin, cilantro, lime juice, sugar and salt and keep the salsa aside until required.
8) In a saucepan, bring the potatoes to a boil and cook for 10 minutes. Drain and place in a bowl with ice water to cool down. Drain, dry and quarter the potatoes.
9) In a mixing bow, toss the potatoes with the oil, chives, salt and pepper.
10) Grill or broil the potatoes for about 10 minutes or until light brown and crisp, keep the papas warm until serving.
11) Grill or broil the steaks for 4 to 5 minutes each side for medium-rare or about 6 minutes each side for medium and slightly crisp.
12) On each warm serving plate, place the steaks in the center, spoon the salsa on a side,
the potatoes next to the salsa and serve immediately.