- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Carne Asada Flank Steak Torta by the BBQ Pit Boys Recipe Video
|Beef flank steak||2 Pound (1)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chipotle pepper marinade||1 Packet (Grill Mates)|
|Lime||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Refried beans||12 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Montreal steak seasoning||To Taste (a generous sprinkling)|
|Coarse ground pepper||To Taste|
|Onion slices||6 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Pickled jalapeno||To Taste, sliced|
|Tomato slices||6 (as needed)|
|Lettuce||3 Tablespoon, shredded finely (as needed)|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped (Optional)|
|Green chili sauce||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 600 Calories from Fat 262
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.6%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g37.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.2 mg
Sodium 600.5 mg25%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22.1%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 40 g80.3%
Vitamin A 17.8% Vitamin C 16.8%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 38.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl mix the water and the oil together.
2) Add in the entire packet of chipotle pepper marinade and mix well.
3) Into a zip lock pouch place the steak and pour in the marinade.
4) Work the marinade around and allow the beef to marinate for about 8 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
5) Once marinated, place the steak on grill directly over medium hot coal. Sear each side for about 4-5 minutes.
6) Meanwhile using a sharp knife, cut across the avocado and scoop out the flesh into a bowl.
7) Mash the flesh and then add lime juice and keep aside.
8) Once seared, place the meat over indirect heat of the grill. Cover and cook and for about 5-6 minutes for medium rare.
9) Take the steak off from the flame, wrap in foil and allow to rest for about 10 minutes
10) Thinly slice the meat and set aside.
11) Take good quality sandwich bread and spread some refried beans on each and top with slices of the steak.
12) Add the mashed avocado, sprinkle in some Montreal seasoning and pepper on top.
13) Place some tomato slices, onion slices, pickled jalapeno, cilantro, and lettuce.
14) Close the sandwich with the other half and place on the grill for about 2 minutes
15) Serve the sandwich warm topped with some chili sauce.