- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Egg yolks||4 , beaten|
|Egg whites||2 , beaten|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pastry flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Egg whites||3 , beaten stiff|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 569 Calories from Fat 222
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.3%
Saturated Fat 13.2 g66%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124.7 mg
Sodium 201.5 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g27.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14%
Sugars 61.7 g
Protein 9 g17%
Vitamin A 13.5% Vitamin C 0.41%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 1.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F
2. Line a cookie sheet with grease proof paper.
3. Into a large bowl, sift the flour along with soda, and spices. Keep aside
4. Combine milk and vinegar and keep aside
5. In a large mixing bowl, add butter.
6. Using an electric beater or a wire whisk, cream the butter until soft.
7. Add the sugar to the butter and continue beating until the mixture is light and fluffy.
8. Fold in egg yolks and egg whites into the creamed mixture using a spatula.
9. Gently fold the flour mixture into the batter, alternately with the liquid
10. Stir in vanilla.
11. Spread this batter on the mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet into a 3/8 inch thick layer.
12. In a clean bowl, fold the egg whites, brown sugar and nuts together.
13. Spread over the top using a palette knife
14. Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven until lightly browned
15. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
16. Cut into squares.
17. Serve these delicate and brittle cookies with tea or coffee