- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Caramelized Onion Apple And Fennel Soup Recipe Video
|Ingredients and method for soup starter:|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped celery ribs||3 (Brown in olive oil in a stock pot)|
|Ingredients for soup:|
|Vegetable broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cold water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Apple cider||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sweet onions||4 Large, slice|
Calories 415 Calories from Fat 22
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.9%
Saturated Fat 0.33 g1.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 497.1 mg20.7%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.6%
Dietary Fiber 11.5 g45.9%
Sugars 47.5 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A 201% Vitamin C 97.1%
Calcium 28% Iron 42.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saute pan, caramelize the onions until golden inn olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter.
2) Add the shallots,garlic and leeks. Saute it all together and add to the stock pot.
3) Then in the same saute pan add your fennel and apples. Cook for 5 minutes
4) Add the thyme leaves and season with salt and pepper. Then add to stock pot.
5) Add the broth, water and apple cider and simmer until tender which might take about 45 minutes.
6) Puree in blender and adjust seasoning add zest of a lemon and some grated nutmeg.
7) Serve in your favorite soup bowl and enjoy!