- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Filipino Carioca Recipe Video
|Sweet rice flour/Null||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Glutinous Rice Flour Can Be Used As A Substitute)|
|Sweetened shredded coconut/Null||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Null)|
|Coconut milk/Null||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Null)|
|Cooking oil/Null||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Null)|
|Brown sugar/Null||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Null)|
|Coconut milk/Null||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Null)|
Calories 1051 Calories from Fat 890
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102 g156.4%
Saturated Fat 27.3 g136.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 74.8 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g7%
Sugars 15.5 g
Protein 4 g7.1%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 2.7%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Scoop about a tablespoon and a half of the mixture then form into a ball shaped figure. Set aside.
3. Heat a cooking pot then pour-in cooking oil.
4. Deep fry the mixture that were formed into balls in medium heat for 5 to7 minutes or until the color turns light to medium brown.
5. Turn off heat and remove the balls from the cooking pot. Transfer the balls to a plate lined with paper towel. Set aside.
6. Start making the coating by heating a saucepan and pouring the coconut milk in. Let the coconut milk boil then add the brown sugar and stir continuously until the mixture thickens. Turn off heat.
7. Dip the fried balls into the coating then skewer, if desired.
8. Serve. Share and enjoy!