- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Caribbean Croque Monsieur Recipe
|French peasant bread||4 (Thin Slices, About 4 Inches Square)|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Honey mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Gruyere cheese slice||4|
|Ham||4 , baked (Virginia Or Black Forest)|
|Black forest ham||4 , baked|
|Light honey||2 Tablespoon|
|Avocado||1⁄2 , peeled and thinly sliced|
Calories 2214 Calories from Fat 421
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.6%
Saturated Fat 21.7 g108.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 304 mg
Sodium 3540 mg147.5%
Total Carbohydrates 295 g98.5%
Dietary Fiber 19.6 g78.3%
Sugars 23.2 g
Protein 138 g275.3%
Vitamin A 59.1% Vitamin C 61%
Calcium 37.3% Iron 42.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) Trim the bread crusts, if desired, then spread butter on one side of each slice. On a waxed paper covered surface, place the 2 slices of bread with the buttered side down.
3) Spread the slices evenly with mustard, place a cheese slice , then 2 slices of ham and drizzle the honey over the ham. Place the tomato slices and cover with the avocado slices. Cover with the 2 slices of bread with the unbuttered side down.
4) In a heavy skillet, fry each sandwich over a medium heat until the bottom is golden, then turn and fry the other side.
5) Place the sandwiches on a baking sheet and top each with a cheese slice.
6) Broil for 2 to 3 minutes, until the cheese slice on top is just melted.
7) Halve or quarter the sandwiches and serve immediately.