- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Chocolate Truffles Recipe Video
|Bittersweet chocolate||2 Pound|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cardamom||10 , crushed (Use Whole Pods)|
|Cocoa powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Toasted almonds||1 Tablespoon|
|Toasted coconuts||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
Calories 623 Calories from Fat 403
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g71.9%
Saturated Fat 28 g139.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg21.9%
Sodium 29.7 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.6%
Sugars 49.6 g
Protein 6 g11.1%
Vitamin A 14.1% Vitamin C 0.69%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream and cardamon pods over medium heat for 5 minutes until simmering.
2) In a large bowl, strain the hot heavy cream over the chocolate, cover with a plastic wrap and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
3) Using a rubber spatula, stir gently, starting in the middle of bowl and working in concentric circles until all chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth and creamy.
4) Pour the mixture into an 8 by 8-inch glass baking dish and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
5) Remove the chocolate mixture from the refrigerator and shape into balls by rolling between the palms of your hands.
6) Then coat the truffles with either the cocoa powder, almonds or coconut.
7) Serve the truffles at room temperature or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.