- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cardamom Maple Spritz Cookies Recipe
|Vegetable shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar replacement||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated fructose||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Maple flavor||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Ground cardamom||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3286 Calories from Fat 1888
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 214 g328.7%
Saturated Fat 53.3 g266.6%
Trans Fat 27 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 406.9 mg17%
Total Carbohydrates 306 g101.9%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g45%
Sugars 22.3 g
Protein 40 g79.3%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 3.5%
Calcium 29.8% Iron 95.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine sugar replacement and fructose in a bowl; stir to mix.
3. Gradually beat sugar-replacement mixture into creamed shortening.
4. Beat in egg, vanilla, and maple flavoring.
5. Combine flour, cardamom, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl; stir to mix.
6. Gradually stir flour mixture into creamed mixture.
7. Press dough from a cookie press (use thin setting or small tip) onto ungreased cookie sheets, following press manufacturer's directions.
8. Bake at 375° F (190° C) for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges of cookies are delicately browned.
9. Move to cooling racks.