- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cardamom Butter Cookies Recipe
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 1033 Calories from Fat 432
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.6%
Saturated Fat 29.8 g149.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 226.7 mg
Sodium 384.6 mg16%
Total Carbohydrates 136 g45.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 63.1 g
Protein 13 g27%
Vitamin A 30.6% Vitamin C 0.68%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 29%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy and beat well adding eggs and vanilla.
3. In another bowl sift together remaining ingredients, stir into creamed mixture and mix well.
4. Chill dough, roll and cut with cookie cutters.
5. Alternately if you prefer, shape dough into two rolls and wrap in waxed paper.
6. Chill and then cut into thin slices.
7. Bake in preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes, depending on thickness of cookies.
8. Serve the cookies with beverages or as desired.