- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Colorful Potato Salad with Pickles and Celery Recipe Video
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs) (for cooking potatoes)|
|Diced onion/Scallion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped celery with leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced dill pickle||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy based mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apple cider vinegar/Brine from the pickles||3 Tablespoon|
|Celery seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Caraway seed||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 181 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.1%
Saturated Fat 0.08 g0.41%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 492.8 mg20.5%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.1%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 3 g6.4%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 41.5%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the potatoes into 1/2 inch dice. Leave the skins on because that’s where the nutrients are. Put them in a pot, cover with water, bring to a boil, lower the temperature and cook, uncovered, until tender – about 15 minutes.
2. Put the mayo, mustard, vinegar/brine, salt, pepper and seeds into a large bowl. Mix well.
3. When the potatoes are done (check with a fork), drain, and let them cool for 10 minutes or so.
4. Add the potatoes and the chopped veggies to the bowl. Mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings.
5. Cover and put in the fridge for an hour or so.
6. Serve when needed.