- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Caraway Potato Cakes Recipe
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, dry mashed (cooked)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Caraway seeds||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 308 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.3%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.5 mg
Sodium 17.9 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.3%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 8 g15.9%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 58.1%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 19%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2) In a bowl, place flour and rub in the butter until it resembles fine grainy texture.
3) Mix in mashed potatoes and milk and stir to make soft dough.
4) Lightly dust the working board with flour.
5) Place the dough over the board and knead well for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
6) Roll the dough in a circle approximately 1 inch thick.
7) Using a floured cookie cutter, cut dough into rounds.
8) Brush the flour with a little milk and dredge with caraway seeds.
9) Place the dough rounds on a baking sheet.
10) Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
11) Serve hot with desired main dish.