- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Caraway Dumplings Recipe
|Chicken bouillon cubes||2|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dried parsley flakes||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Caraway seed||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk/Beer||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 376 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.9%
Saturated Fat 7 g34.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.8 mg
Sodium 1161.3 mg48.4%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.7%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 11 g21.1%
Vitamin A 22.2% Vitamin C 16.1%
Calcium 57.2% Iron 62.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Add the parsley flakes and caraway seed and cut in the butter until the mixture resembles crumbs.
3. Add milk or beer just enough to bind and make a smooth dough.
4. In a large stock pot, boil water and dissolve the bouillon cubes in it.
5. When the bouillon comes to a rapid boil, reduce the heat and drop 8 large spoonful of the dough into it.
6. Cover pot tightly with a lid and steam the dumplings for 12 to 15 minutes without removing the lid.
7. Remove the dumplings using a slotted spoon.
8. Serve the dumplings with stew while hot.