- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Caraway Coleslaw With Creamy Oil And Vinegar Dressing Recipe
|Cabbage||2 Quart, finely grated|
|Yellow onion||1 Medium, peeled|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Tarragon vinegar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Superfine sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Caraway seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 675 Calories from Fat 550
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.8%
Saturated Fat 12 g59.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.9 mg
Sodium 414.5 mg17.3%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.6%
Sugars 16.5 g
Protein 5 g10.9%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 193.8%
Calcium 19% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large salad serving bowl, combine shredded cabbage and grated onions.
2. To prepare the dressing, in a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar sugar, caraway seeds and seasonings.
3. Use a fork to whisk the ingredients until well amalgamated.
4. Add the sour cream to the emulsion and whisk to blend in
5. Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables.
6. Toss the salad well using salad prongs.
7. Cover the bowl with cling film and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours before serving.
8. Toss the salad in the bowl well before serving.