- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Caraway Chicken Recipe
|Caraway seeds||3 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2 Ounce, softened (60 Gram)|
|Chicken||3 Pound (1 Chicken, 1 1/2 Kilogram)|
|Plain flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter)|
|Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3137 Calories from Fat 1797
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 201 g308.6%
Saturated Fat 72.7 g363.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1037.2 mg
Sodium 1064 mg44.3%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g25%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 284 g567.2%
Vitamin A 56.4% Vitamin C 5.6%
Calcium 27.5% Iron 75.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Carefully loosen skin from chicken breast to create a pocket. Spoon three quarters of caraway butter into space between chicken skin and breast meat, patting it out as evenly as posible. Melt remaining caraway butter in a small saucepan; reserve.
3. Sprinkle remaining caraway seeds inside chicken cavity. Place chicken breast-side up on a rack in a roasting tin. Brush with half reserved caraway butter.
4. Roast chicken for 30 minutes, brush with remaining caraway butter, then roast for 1 1/2 hours, basting every 20 minutes.
5. Tip chicken so that any juices flow into roasting tin. Transfer chicken to a serving platter and keep warm. Pour pan juices into a measuring jug; skim about 2 tablespoons of fat off top and place in a frying pan. Discard any remaining fat. Make up pan juices to 250 ml (8 fl oz) with water.
6. Heat fat in pan and stir in flour. Cook for 1 minute, then gradually add pan juices, stock and wine, stirring until sauce boils and thickens. Simmer, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Season to taste.
7. Carve chicken and serve with the hot sauce.