- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Caramelized Veggies and Turkey Pot Pie Recipe Video
|Turkey meat||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked, then quartered|
|Yellow onion||1 Medium, dice|
|Celery stalk||2 Medium, dice|
|Carrot||1 Large, peeled, cut into very small pieces|
|Yukon potatoes||3 Medium, dice|
|Garlic cloves||2 , mince|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Turkey stock/Chicken stock||32 Ounce|
|Unsalted butter||4 Ounce|
|All purpose flour||4 Ounce|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweet peas||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh thyme||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Puff pastry sheets||2|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 1169 Calories from Fat 435
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g79.2%
Saturated Fat 26.5 g132.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 236.5 mg78.8%
Sodium 2621 mg109.2%
Total Carbohydrates 123 g41%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.6%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 47 g93.3%
Vitamin A 95.5% Vitamin C 26.8%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
1. Add in a tablespoon of olive oil into a saute pan on high heat and caramelize the onion, celery, carrots, potatoes and garlic.
2. Once caramelized, deglaze with white wine and cook until all of the chardonnay is absorbed by the vegetables.
3. In the meanwhile, add chicken stock to a pot and bring to a boil.
4. While the stock is boiling, add flour and butter to a saute pan and whisk together to make a roux and set aside.
5. When the stock starts to boil, add in enough roux to make a thick consistency. Finish with cream and season with salt and pepper.
6. Add the thickened stock to the vegetables along with the turkey, peas and thyme. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
7. Next, lay out a puff pastry sheet in a 6 inch pan and add the stuffing.
8. Place another puff pastry over and fold the edges.
9. Make an egg wash combining egg and water in a bowl. Coat the bake with egg wash.
10. Pop into the oven for 30 minutes.
11. Cut out slices, plate and serve.