- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Caramelized Fresh Figs Recipe
|Castor sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Powdered cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Brandy||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Figs||16 Large (More If Your Guests Have Good Appetites)|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 466 Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.3 mg
Sodium 4.6 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 65.9 g
Protein 1 g2.3%
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 4.3%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cinnamon, butter and 1/4 cup of water. Place the pan over a low flame.
2. Allow the sugar to melt, without stirring.
3. Increase the flame and bring the syrup to a boil, stirring continuously with a skewer until the sauce begins to caramelize.
4. Take pan off the flame and stir in the brandy.
5. Return pan to a low flame low and simmer the sauce, stirring continuously until the caramel has dissolved in the brandy.
6. Keep a large bowl of ice cold water ready.
7. Immerse figs, few at a time into the sauce to coat with caramel.
8. Using 2 forks remove the caramel coated figs and plunge into the ice-cold water to harden the caramel coating.
9. Remove from the water and drain on a paper napkin.
10. On a dessert plate, arrange a slice of vanilla ice cream or a scoop of Crème Chantilly.
11. Place 2 caramel coated figs on top.