- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Caramelized Butternut Squash Recipe Video
|Butternut squash||3 Medium, peeled and cubed|
|Unsalted butter||8 Tablespoon|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), packed|
|Kosher salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 400 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.6%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg
Sodium 380.5 mg15.9%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.3%
Dietary Fiber 12 g47.9%
Sugars 19.4 g
Protein 6 g12.2%
Vitamin A 1272.8% Vitamin C 208.4%
Calcium 29.1% Iron 23.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut off the ends of the squash.
3. Cut it in half at the neck.
4. Cut the bottom piece in half and scoop out the seeds.
5. Peel the squash and cut it into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
6. Place the butternut squash cubes on a baking sheet.
7. In a measuring cup, melt the butter and let it cool.
8. Pour the butter over the squash.
9. Sprinkle the brown sugar on the squash.
10.Next sprinkle the kosher salt and half a teaspoon of black pepper.
11.Toss the mixture so that all the pieces are well coated and spread evenly in a single layer.
12.Roast in the oven for 55 minutes till the squash is tender and the sauce caramelizes.
13.While the squash is roasting, flip it over a few times to ensure that it is evenly browned.
14. Serve warm and enjoy this delicious side dish.