- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Caramel Custard Recipe
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 868 Calories from Fat 333
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.8%
Saturated Fat 17.3 g86.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 702.2 mg
Sodium 481.6 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.5%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 97.4 g
Protein 41 g81.4%
Vitamin A 28.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 84.7% Iron 16.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Beat the eggs very well and add to the cold milk.
3. Add the vanilla essence. Mix well.
4. Mix 3 teaspoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of water in a vessel. Melt on a slow flame. When the liquid becomes dark in colour, spread it evenly over the base of a vessel.
5. Wait for a few minutes. The sugar will become dry.
6. Pour the egg-milk mixture over it.
7. Cover the vessel with a lid or tie a piece of brown paper on top.
8. Put the vessel in a pressure cooker and cook. Alternatively, steam the pudding but this requires about 1 hour.
9. Cool the pudding and chill in the freezer compartment of a refrigerator.
10. When you want to serve, turn it on a plate. It drops easily. Serve cold.