- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Caramel Walnut Roll Recipe
|Light brown sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 324 Calories from Fat 127
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.8%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.9 mg
Sodium 79.8 mg3.3%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.89 g3.6%
Sugars 33.1 g
Protein 3 g6.5%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C 0.83%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, mix sugar and syrup.
2. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
3. Cook until syrup is thick.
4. Add butter, stirring to melt.
5. Slowly add evaporated milk so mixture continues to boil, stirring constantly.
6. Continue cooking until mixture again reaches 245°F.
7. Remove from heat, add vanilla and salt.
8. Pour into a greased pan.
9. Cool until candy is firm enough to handle.
10. Spread walnut halves on waxed paper measuring the same size as pan.
11. Turn candy out on top of walnuts and roll as for jelly roll, pressing walnuts into caramel.
12. Divide roll into thirds and make 3 small rolls.
13. Either wrap in waxed paper in rolls, or individual pieces may be sliced from each roll.
14. Wrap rolls or slices in waxed paper or transparent plastic film.
15. Serve whenever needed.