- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe Video
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Light corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1372 Calories from Fat 521
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g91.1%
Saturated Fat 36.9 g184.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 219.2 mg
Sodium 273.5 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 217 g72.2%
Dietary Fiber 0 g0.01%
Sugars 204 g
Protein 3 g6.6%
Vitamin A 47% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 0.64%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar with 1/3 cup water, cream of tartar and the corn syrup, stirring with a silicone spatula, until the sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes.
2. Increase to medium-high heat and cook, undisturbed, until amber-colored, 5 to 7 minutes then remove from the heat instantly.
3. Gradually stir in the cream. Careful, the caramel will boil rapidly and spatter; wear a pair of oven mitts if you like.
4. Then return pan to low heat, stir in the salt, and cook, stirring, until smooth and combined, about 3 minutes.
5. Cool completely and refrigerate.
6. Drizzle over ice cream or pancakes, or stir into iced coffee.
If caramel becomes too stiff in the refrigerator, microwave to rewarm.
Makes 1 1/4 cups
Recipe by Katie Barreira