- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Caramel Pots de Creme Recipe
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||6 Large|
Calories 475 Calories from Fat 307
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.5%
Saturated Fat 20.6 g102.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 298.5 mg
Sodium 52.7 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 35.5 g
Protein 5 g10.5%
Vitamin A 28.6% Vitamin C 0.8%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2) In a large heavy-bottomed saucepan, stir the sugar in water over a low heat until dissolved.
3) Then cook over a high heat, until the sugar is amber colored.
4) In another saucepan, scald the cream and milk over a medium-high heat.
5) When the caramel mixture is a deep golden color, gradually pour in the cream mixture, stirring constantly.
6) In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks, then whisk the cream into the yolks.
7) Strain the mixture and refrigerate until cool.
8) Skim off any bubbles over the surface.
9) In six 6-ounce ovenproof ramekins, equally pour in the custard .
10) Set the ramekins in a baking pan, half-fill the pan with hot water and cover with a foil.
11) Bake in the preheated oven for about 50 minutes, until set around the edges but still slightly creamy in the center.
12) Cool on wire racks and then refrigerate to chill for several hours or overnight.
13) Serve the Caramel Pots de Creme chilled.