- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Caramelized Pork Belly Recipe Video
|Pork belly||10 Ounce (Null)|
|Green onions||1 Bunch (100 gm) (Null)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Null)|
|Rice vinegar||2 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Asian fish sauce||2 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Ginger juice||1 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Dried red chillies||4 (Whole)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Null)|
Calories 431 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.4%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g31.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90.7 mg30.2%
Sodium 1314.6 mg54.8%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 29.9 g
Protein 30 g60.5%
Vitamin A 50.8% Vitamin C 44.2%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 15%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 200 degrees.
2) On a piece of heavy duty foil, place the green onion and top it with the pork belly with the fattier side down.
3) Sprinkle the meat with salt and top with more green onion.
4) Wrap the foil around the meat tightly.
5) Put the wrapped meat in a pan with the seam side up.
6) Put the pan in the preheated oven and slowly roast for 5 ½ hours.
7) After 5 ½ hours of roasting turn the oven off and let the meat sit in the heat for 2 hours.
8) Remove the foil from the oven and place it in the fridge overnight to chill it.
9) The next day, unwrap the meat, remove the green onion and slice the pork into about 8 chunks.
10) Place a sauté pan over medium heat and crisp the meat properly on all sides.
11) In the meantime, to make the caramel sauce, mix together the brown sugar, rice vinegar, fish sauce, ginger juice and soy sauce.
12) Once the pork is brown and crisp, add 1 tablespoon of the caramel sauce. Turn the heat to high and let the meat caramelize.
13) Add the garlic, chillies and green onion and sauté for 1 minute.
14) Add the water and the remaining caramel sauce. Simmer the ingredients till the sauce has thickened.
15) Serve the caramelized pork belly right away, while it is still hot and crisp. Cooked rice or even noodles go really well with the delicious meat.
For more information please visit:http://foodwishes.com