- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Caramel Popcorn Recipe Video
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Popcorn kernels||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 473 Calories from Fat 203
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.5%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g61%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.4 mg16.1%
Sodium 289.8 mg12.1%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.8%
Sugars 44.4 g
Protein 3 g5.3%
Vitamin A 11.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.8% Iron 0.37%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a large pot pour in the oil, let warm up a bit and then add the unpopped kernels.
3. Cover with lid and start popping your popcorn the old-fashioned way on the stovetop.
4. Once done pour into different cookie sheets with sides.
5. Spread evenly around. Then, mix brown sugar, butter, syrup, salt and vanilla melting over medium-high heat.
6. Bring to a boil and continue to boil for 3 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and add soda and stir fast.
8. Pour over popcorn and mix well.
9. Add nuts if desired.
10. Bake at 250 degrees in oven on cookie sheets for 1 hour.
11. Stir 2 or 3 times within that hour.
12. When done pour entire caramel popcorn into a brown paper bag and stir occasionally with spoon as it cools.
13. Store in tight container.
For more information please visit: http://www.mealsinarush.com/