- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Caramel Icing Recipe
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), melted|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Icing sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2966 Calories from Fat 1219
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 139 g213.3%
Saturated Fat 87.6 g437.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 367.4 mg
Sodium 39.6 mg1.6%
Total Carbohydrates 451 g150.4%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 446.2 g
Protein 3 g5.8%
Vitamin A 85.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 9.4% Iron 0.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, add butter.
2) Place over hot water to melt.
3) Add brown sugar to dissolve into the butter mixture.
4) Place over low heat to cook for 2 minutes, by constant stirring.
5) Pour in milk and bring the mixture a boil, by stirring.
6) Remove from heat.
7) Immediately add the icing sugar to beat in.
8) Serve with applesauce or spread on spice cake.