- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Caramel Fruit Salad Recipe
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Brazil nuts/Hazelnuts||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|For the caramel|
|Castor sugar||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
Calories 320 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.1%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3.7 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30.2%
Sugars 53.4 g
Protein 3 g6.1%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C 172.1%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cut the pineapple in slices and remove the core from each.
3. Cut the flesh into small segments. Place in an ovenproof glass dish.
4. Peel the pears and cut into dice.
5. Peel and slice the bananas.
6. Add these to the pineapple with the lemon juice; stir so the fruit is coated in lemon. This will help to prevent discolouration.
7. Chop the nuts coarsely and add.
8. To make the caramel, place the sugar and water in a saucepan.
9. Heat gently to dissolve the sugar without boiling.
10. When dissolved, bring to the boil and cook until a rich golden caramel.
11. Pour over the fruit immediately and serve within the hour, otherwise the crunchy caramel will dissolve.